Textbook: We’ll cover 6-10 chapters each year. Keep your textbook clean and covered. Do not fold corners but feel free to mark pages with post-its as you wish.
Flashcards: Please make your own cards in Spanish/English using one color for nouns, another color for verbs, and another for expressions you’ll learn. I encourage you to study these before you fall asleep each night and whenever you have a free moment. There is a list of vocabulary at the end of each Unit, and you can add other words you find useful (such as those on the classroom wall).
Homework: Due every morning. We’ll go over homework as a class and you will correct your own with a red pen. Feel free to ask questions at that time! Do your homework in your Activity Book which I’ll collect at random intervals. You’ll receive points when I check for homework.
Quizzes: We will have approximately 2 quizzes per chapter, thus approximately 4-5 per quarter.
Tests: We’ll have approximately 2-3 tests per quarter. (One test during the year will be an oral evaluation of your comprehension, pronunciation, and intonation.)
Scripture Memorization: Each student will memorize one scripture verse (their choice, on wall) per quarter. These are taken from your textbook, and I’ll post all 12 in Google Classroom.
Cultural Projects: Each student will do a simple cultural project every quarter designed to experience Spanish outside the classroom. Here are some examples (or ask if you have another project in mind):
- Attend a Spanish-language church service
- Watch a TV program or movie in Spanish (get your parents’ approval & signature) Here’s a delightful Spanish-language video (one of a number of episodes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_UNPtuQi2A
- Cook a Spanish/Hispanic dish or make a craft
- Visit a Hispanic art exhibition/ musical performance
- Profile a famous Hispanic, or a Hispanic sports team, or country
- Share a hobby of yours (such as photography, drawing, etc.)
Scripture Memorization: 5%
Cultural Projects: 5%